Monday, May 6, 2013

@_@ Unity, Clever girl....

             Unity... a clever creature in itself with the experience I have had with it so far. This little program has a lot more complicated punches then I had originally anticipated and sorta made my brain do a flop. Then it jumped right back up as I went giddy with complicated technology and a support to push my love for video games, level layouts, character design, and a load of other things lol. Unity is a good expression for my level and puzzle creativity that I like to express. In animation and art its one way to express it but with game designing o_o well my puzzle charts get a bit dummied down right now with trigger code since I am working with basic 2D scrollers (which are amazing in themselves). I am looking forward to when I can push my environments to be a free world environment for players to explore instead of going *arrow key this way or arrow key the other way*.
             So far I have been twisting my brain in delight after taking a Gaming Production 1 who was taught by the lovely Jane Kernan. I can't say enough kind words about her, she was a great person to learn from though the class. I benefitted alot from her being able to discuss the class as a teacher and as a fellow game designer (basically its nice to share conversations with a person who has gone though the same 'I need to learn this, why isn't the f*cking thing working' situations).
            Through the class I had the chance to work on two separate games, one being a self driven project and one being a group developed project. Which I will discuss in a later posting :D look forward to it!
           While me and others trudged though the program, while Jane was a huge help the online community is overly helpful and apparently other people get just as frustrated when its an error code of not working lol. Unity has this wonderful online community that people can post their issues and many people post, reply and help you though your issues. The online community can be found though this link: http://forum.unity3d.com/forum.php You will have to make an account with them. But as a normal online person I feel most people are use to getting the usual insert email and password here situation.
            If you want to get a sneak peek of the two in development games (Puppet Daddy & Darci's Undertaking) feel free to go to my home page www.jdowdy.com where I have my portfolio and links where I have my art and ways of getting in contact with me.
             http://forum.unity3d.com/forum.php

1 comment:

  1. Nice post to read. Thanks for sharing with us. Keep up the great work i’ll be visiting to your blog......:)

    More information Vist our site: unity 3d car games

    ReplyDelete